22 Dec What we look out for in a 1930's loft space….
This video gives a brief overview of the some the points we look for when carrying out a loft space inspection as part of a RICS HomeBuyer Report.
Common roof related problems which will be covered in a Survey include:
1. Distortion of the roof frame.
2. Rot or wood-beetle damage to roof timbers.
3. Deterioration of the under-felt.
4. Weathering to ridge and hip-tile pointing.
5. Broken, slipped or otherwise damaged tiles.
6. Old valleys and possible leakage.
7. Asbestos products.
8. Adequacy of insulation and ventilation.
9. Condition of the party wall.
10 . Signs of leakage around the chimney breasts.
11. Ceiling condition.
12. Age and condition of water storage tanks.
13. Age and condition of electrical fitments.
14. Rodent infestation.
Apologies for the rather poor quality of some of the footage shown here.
For more information on all aspects of building surveys, homebuyer reports and condition reports, please email us or call 0845 478 6305.